Thursday, September 01, 2005

learning...

I have started my new job here in California. I work in an allergy/immunology clinic for children, M-F from 8-4:30. Now that I am not totally exhausted all the time and sleep like a normal person, let me tell you a few things I have learned about myself:

1. I love quiet times in the very early morning when it's still dark and I have yet to fill my head with worries, frustrations and useless distractions. Sititng at my kitchen table still in my jammies my mind is best able to soak up the Word and rest with the Lord.

2. I love to cook! I absolutely love coming home and getting out my cook books and figuring out what concoction I can come up with.

3. I love to do laundry! Okay, maybe not laundry, persay, but I really love taking care of my home and my husband. I like taking time to provide for him and do the things he finds difficult or doesn't think about but really appreciates that I do them.

4. I love to read! I curl up on the couch with a good book and just relax into the story, or if it's non-fiction (cause it usually is) get out my journal and write all my thoughts out.

That's it so far, but I'm sure that now that I am fully awake and feeling healthy that I will find more. I'll keep ya' posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home