Sunday, July 10, 2005

home sweet home!

Well, after two weeks of traveling we're finally home (in Kzoo) for a little while. We've got about four weeks before we visit my parents in Texas and then the big move. I wanted to update everyone on all of our exciting news!


First, I've accepted a position at Children's Hospital Los Angeles in the Allergy/Immunology clinic. It's days, no weekends or holidays, and I am so excited. I interviewed for that position on our last day in LA and was feeling pretty down about my working options. Nothing seemed to fitting right, and then everything seemed clear. I'd been praying so hard that God would help me make decisions about work/living in LA and was worried that I'd leave LA with no idea what to do, but I feel a strong sense of peace now, having accepted this position. It's awesome, praise God for His divine wisdom and providence!


Secondly, Andy & I have tentatively found a place to live. We're in the middle of the application process and nothing is for sure, but I think it'll work out fine. It's less than 2 miles from where Andy will be going to school, and we're hoping he'll be able to bike ride to school and back. We're going to only take one car and just see how things go. It's also only four miles from the hospital I'll be working in, and it's in the middle of a residential neighborhood to one side and then a nice commercial district in the other direction. Location wise it's ideal, and it's plenty big enough for us. It's not our dream home, but it seems to be a good fit for us. We found it on our last day out there as well. It was amazing how we'd spent the whole week and were feeling really down about everything because nothing seemed to be working out and then, bam, on the last day all the pieces fell into place. God has been so faithful to us through this whole adventure, it's been incredible to watch Him work!


That's enough for now, hope everyone reading this is well, God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home