Saturday, September 03, 2005

dreaming

I want to own my own house. It can be small, and it can be in need of lots of love, but I want to own it and know that it's mine to love. I know that God will provide that for us when He knows it is right, and I must be patient, but it is hard some days. So I thought I'd describe the dream house that I some day would like to have. This is not our "first home" this is our last, my perfect house that I may or may not ever have. It would have 3 bedrooms. Two upstairs with a bathroom that connected them and a separate door to the shower/toilet area. One room for girls and one for boys, they would be big, big enough for two kids in each to be comfortable (not that I know how many kids I want). There would be a large family room type area at the top of the stairs that you would walk through to reach their bedrooms that could be a playroom/entertainment area for them. The third bedroom is downstairs, the "master" with it's own private bathroom, in the back of the house. There would be a huge kitchen with a big island with space for bar stools, the kind of kitchen a family gathers in. It would open into the area where our big kitchen table goes, no walls between them. The family room would be small and not have a TV (that would be upstairs). It would have a piano and comfy couches, a place for reading, talking, relaxing. Our "family computer" would also be here, so the kids could be supervised on the ever more frightening internet. Then there would be a small 1/2 bath on this level near the family room. There would be a finished basement separated into three rooms. One for me, a prviate place for scrapbooking and projects. We might put a pull out couch here or a bed of some kind for company to stay in. One for Andy for all his crazy computer stuff the kids wouldn't touch, and one for all the tools for building stuff. There would be a big backyard, and maybe the basement would open up into the backyard. I want to live somewhere that there is space, but not in the middle of nowhere.


Okay, it sounds huge, but that's not really the point. It's not about big, or expensive. If I could find a run down place with the potential to be like this I'd want it. It's about what I imagine my family growing up in, that's all. Thanks for listening to my dream.

1 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger Tricia said...

That sounds similar to what we want. I was actually just thinking about it while driving in the middle of the night through TX and OK. Maybe we can live in the same neighborhood. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home