Monday, September 26, 2005

School and fun visitors

Andy is going to school today for his big first day of classes. Last Monday was just orientation I guess, but it got him really excited about everything. His schedule is pretty goofy, classes in the late afternoon and evening (including one Friday night from 7-10, stinks for him!). He's been so bored though, with me at work all day, and having completed all his little projects. (You know you have to be all kinds of bored to take all the knobs off every cabinet in the house and soak them in different cleaning concoctions and scrub them so that they shine and sparkle...bored, or anal, and anyone who knows Andy knows which one it is.) So, here's to an exciting next two years!


My parents were here this last weekend and I had SO much fun. Dad had to do work stuff (which is why they were here) so we just saw him Thursday night and Friday afternoon which was still fun, but Mom and I were together all weekend. I would have slept on the floor of their hotel room if not for my sweet husband who would have missed me terribly. We shopped til we dropped and ate lots of yummy food. The apartment is starting to really come together, we'll get the curtains hung soon in the family room, and we also bought a curtain panel for this doorway to our little hallway that goes to the bathroom and bedroom. It separates the two areas so that Andy can stay up late without my having to upset the cats by closing the bedroom door (closed doors drive our girls crazy!). I had to buy a set of two panels and we only need one so I'm going to make pillows with the other. Pillow covers actually. I'm so crafty :o) I am now also the proud owner of some beautiful rugs, all of which were found at great low prices (hurray for Target and Ikea).


Speaking of shopping I just want to take a moment to say I LOVE IKEA. I know some people think it's "cheap" but there is a difference between cheap and inexpensive. No, I don't think Ikea furniture will last 50 years like something from Ethan Allen might, but it does last and they have all kinds of great ideas for living in small spaces. Plus, they have lots of cute stuff for kids which seems smart since the bed your daughter has at 3 might not be a good bed for her when she's 16 so with it all being so inexpensive you don't feel guilty if you want to change stuff out. Plus, Ikea is great about building safe tox-free enviro-friendly stuff. They make all their wood products from their own forests and have created glues that are people safe. Go Ikea!


Alright, gotta run, enough gabbing...I will soon be adding another sweet blog to my site, be sure to check back.

2 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, do you feel like an official blogger now, Kate? You have spammy comments.

We love IKEA. We play to buy some furniture there once we get moved into our new house.

Andy? Cleaning? You're so good for him, Kate. I can't believe he's not drowning in a pool of video games. (I suppose there's only so much of that one can do--even Andy).

 
At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate,

I LOVE IKEA TOO! Too bad we don't have one in Florida yet...(any day now...rumors are circulating...credible rumors.) It is a great store!

I'm glad all of your doorknobs are shiny! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home